Monday, September 26, 2011

James 3 - WOW!

It's Monday night and I am a little behind with EVERYTHING...can you tell!? James Chapter 3, being one of them! Last week was just one of those weeks....too much to get done in the amount of time given. So, many things suffered. But thank goodness, this week is going to allow me to play catch up!


So, James 3, once again, convicted me beyond what I cared to be convicted of, honestly! James 3:1-12 is all on Taming the Tongue.


3 Questions that Marla asked us this week


1. How did James 3 hit you over the head this week? verse 8 says, no human being can tame the tongue, it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. verse 10 says, from the same mouth come blessing and cursing


These two verses just show me that I can't do this thing called "life" on my own. Without God's help, there is no telling where my BIG mouth would have me. It is my greatest strength and my greatest weakness. Reading that the the Bible says it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison! WOW!


2. What encouraged you from this chapter? Verse 17 encouraged me....But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.


How thankful I am that when I look to God for wisdom, I know this is what I will get...


3. How are you going to apply scripture to your everyday life? All I know is that if I am ever even going to do any good at reigning in this tongue or not giving into the temptation of jealousy and selfish ambition then I am MUST spend more time in the WORD. I can't do it by myself...only my Lord will be able to help me. I pray that I can do this, oh how I want too!


Love to all,


Sara Whitten

1 comment:

Haven said...

James is one of my favorite books of the Bible. It is so modern and literally does hit you over the head! Ha! Hope all is well!