Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Jesus is the Reason for the Season and Hunting Season

They say it's the most wonderful time of the year....I guess I would agree. Although the older I get the more stressful it becomes. I find myself trying to get all of these "extra" things done and it usually never happens, then I feel guilty....like I have cheated my children out of a great Christmas or something. I tried to enjoy the little things this year, sit in my living room with nothing but Christmas lights on, drink apple cider, etc. 
Brian's dad and step mom were in town at the beginning of December so we decided to get a tree while they were here. It was dead as a door nail and barely had any needles on it by Christmas day. Lilly and Walt loved the hayride to the tree farm. 
 They also loved picking our their own tree....I think that this one is the best one we have had ever had! It was really pretty! 
 We do it all, us Atwood's....pick it and cut it! 
 Santa was at the Bass Pro Shop, so we made the trip to visit him! 


 Walt was a Wise Man in the Church Christmas Program. The play was called "Where IS the Baby Jesus?" It was so cute....they all did so good. Will was my lead role and he did GREAT! 
 The 3 Wise Men - Walt, Micah and Steven Wait
 Some of the crew.....
 My very FAVORITE set!!! I just love this! 
 Lilly was a snowflake in her program. She rang the bells, first and then performed. 
 She had a solo and she did such a good job. She really liked performing and is excited about next years production. 
 This little boy in the pic below has the fever! He is eaten up with hunting this season. That is all he thinks about or talks about. He killed this hog with an AR 15 and is soooo excited!  
 Look at that big smile on his face!! 
 Brian and I were able to escape for a night out with our friends, Robyn and Andrew. 
 I love my friend....we always have such a great time together. 
 Lilly wanted to be let in all of the hunting fun. She and Avery went with their Daddies, hunting! She had a great time! 


 Lilly and with her Daddy posing with their ducks in front of the famous Beaver Dam Lake sign. 
 Duck hunting....more like waking up at 4:30 is hard! My Walt man sacked out on an early morning hunt. 
 MHS put on the Holly Jolly Hoe Down for mothers and sons this year. Walter would have NOTHING to do with dancing with his mother, he barely would take a picture. 
 He might not have time for his mama, but he always has time for these boys. Will and Grisham always have time for Walt, too, which is so very nice and means the world to both me and Walt. 
 Lilly with her doggies....this cold weather has allowed for the animals to be inside the house more than usual. They are all three loving it! 
 Toby, our Elf, is back! Lilly built a nice house for him! She is so creative. I am always amazed at all she comes up with! 
 Toby has not been the best elf this Christmas. He just flies all over the place at all different times of the day, so Santa sent Windy....a girl elf to keep him straight and make sure that Toby flies back to Santa each night! 
 Our new elf, Windy! Welcome to the crazy Atwood family!!! 
Remembering that Jesus is the Reason for the Season and all that we have is a blessing!! 

No comments: