Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Happy Birthday Lilly and Mama!

We hopped in the car on a Tuesday in February and got redemption from the South Carolina Gamecocks. We were out for blood after they beat us in the National Championship last year. We were there with a sold out crowd and it was amazing. We even saw our new football coach, Joe Moorhead. It was a great night with a Bulldog win!!! 

 We loaded up one Sunday and watched the lady Dawgs take on Texas A&M with Summer and Cooper. It was such a fun day! 

 Walt celebrated 100 days of school by dressing up like an old man. He said he was "Coach Durr":) 
 It's hard to believe that my girl is 9 years old. Time is sure flying by. She loved her yard card wishing her a Happy Birthday. 
 She wanted an emoji birthday cake so our friend Cindy didn't disappoint! 
 She celebrated with her friends in her photo booth....




 Caroline Murphree spent the night
 We had Rio Lindo with pie in the face on her real birthday...her favorite tradition. 

 My pretty 9 year old wanted Olivia to put make up on her...so pretty and sweet. 
 My family knows what I like, so for my birthday we all went to Starkville for a baseball game AND a lady bulldog basketball game. The NEW Dudy Noble Field is so nice and I can't wait until it's complete. 
 I loved being in Starkville with the four of us! 
 Lilly is taking it all in ....love this. 
 My Walt man is just happy to be watching some baseball. 
 This was the LAST time to watch our girls play ball in person this season. This was the first round of the NCAA tournament and after this they travel to places that are just too far....it's been such a fun ride and I have tears in my eyes typing this. 
Roshunda and Blair are our absolute faves. 

 We saw Ketara!! She played last year and Lilly would say "Mama, is she a model?" We were so happy to see her back supporting her team. 
 Here's to our future team....Jordan Danberry and Myah Taylor, two players that we are excited to get to know. 

 WOW!! Just WOW....I can't put into words the season that these girls had. It was incredible. This pic was taken just before the game was over to advance them to the National Championship game. I can't believe it ended with a buzzer beater shot. We lost and I have never been more sick over a game! It was heartbreaking and my family just sat in silence when the shot went in. Nothing can take away the memories made or the lessons we all learned from this amazing and tough team. I will be using them as examples to my daughter for years to come. Hail State!!! 

No comments: