Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful for.....

So, I don't really have a wonderful thanksgiving post, with a picture of this great meal, although we had a FABULOUS one, or lots of pictures of the family just sitting around being lazy, but I will tell you that it was a great time. I hosted Thanksgiving at my house this year and I loved every minute of it. My mom did her dressing, green bean casserole, cranberries and Texas delight that we all LOVE and look forward to every year. Brian fried a delicious turkey and Shirley, Brian's step-mother made a delicious macaroni casserole. We ate until we were stuffed and enjoyed the rest of the day visiting and being entertained my Lilly. My parents and sister were there and also Brian's dad and step-mom. We had such a great time.

Even though my post is not full of pictures with turkeys, leaves and pumpkins everything below are things that I am truly thankful for.

Number 1, Gunner! I know that many of you are falling out of your chair because my love for dogs is usually non-existent, but I am thankful for this dog. My husband would say that he does not believe me, but he is wrong. I am thankful for him, because my husband loves him so much and so does my little girl. He brings much joy to both of them and for that, I am thankful. Although, I wish that Gunner shed less and did not get into the neighbor's trash he is a great dog.

Lilly loves him so much and last week she decided that she was going to make a nice bed for Gunner. He was already getting himself cozy for the night when all of a sudden I saw Lilly bringing in a baby pillow from her doll bed, her "lovey" from her doll bed and her handmade doll that sleeps in her doll bed. She carted it straight over to Gunner and would pick his head up and try to put it on the pillow. It was so cute. See below, for this great set up that Lilly created for Gunner.

So, after she tucked Gunner in for the night, I told her that it was time for her to go night night! She ran right over to where she made Gunner a bed and laid right down beside him. How could you not love that dog?!

Number 2, my mama! Everyone is thankful for their mama's and I am no exception. She prepared the best meal for Thanksgiving and she tool such great care of my baby on Tuesday, Tuesday night and Wednesday, so I could get so many things done. Lilly loves her Mamie so much and my heart smiles each time I hear that little baby voice saying, "c'mon Mamie, c'mon." It is just to much for my soul!
Number 3, my husband and my house! Brian is such a wonderful husband and I do not give him enough credit, EVER. It seems that we are always so busy and we hardly have time to just stop and BE. He has been working diligently for the last 4 months on our back room. He totally remodeled it and it looks great. Right now we are using it as a playroom for Lilly. Her toys are in there and she loves her room. I don't want lots of furniture in there. I want it to be very open. Maybe a futon or a chair or two.
Lilly and Mamie are having fun in the new room, reading a book! Lilly's toys and her book shelf. She gets so excited about playing in it!

She has a great place for her tent. She puts her little chairs in it and she sits in the tent and reads her books, and Brian has a great place for his safe. I have a great screen that goes right in front of that gorgeous safe. Of course we do differ on our opinions concerning the safe. He has a good point, the least I can do is give him 5 feet, since I have the rest of the house! What a good man the Lord has blessed me with, and very talented, I might add!

Number 4, my Lilly Whitten! What did I do before she was here? What a blessing she has been to me. She makes me laugh every single day. She reminds me each day of God's grace, mercy and goodness. She is so full of life and has the best laid back personality. I just want to shield her from all the bad things of this world, so she will stay so sweet and innocent.

I mean, who could not smile as you watch a 21 month old bring ONE book at a time from her play room to the den and put them at Gunner's head. Brian and I just sat and watched until we finally realized her method the her madness!
She was going to read to him....of course that is what she was doing. I mean, what 21 month old does NOT read to their dog!?
Just look at how much Gunner LOVES being read too by Lilly!


My cup runneth over!

Here's to a wonderful holiday season!

The Atwoods








1 comment:

Haven said...

Love, love, love this post! I even had Ken read it. We hope that our lab is as good to our future children as Gunner is to Lily! What a sweet relationship! Hope everything is going well!