Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Covenant

Hello All,

So, without a camera, I have not been able to do my normal blogging. I have missed it and am hoping that sometime in the next day or so I will have pictures to post from Lilly's 2 year old birthday party. Oh, how much fun we had and how blessed we are to have such incredible friends and family to share our happy times with. God is good, and He has been faithful to answer my prayer of sending my family friends that desire the things that Brian and I do.

Which brings me to the topic of this post.....COVENANT! It has been the desire of my heart since moving to Senatobia and joining my church there, to be a part of a small group. That desire seemed to be unattainable considering, when I joined, there was not even a Sunday School class to attend with anyone younger the age of 50. In less than 2 years, a Sunday School class has been formed with with 8 married couples who have young children and attend faithfully. "GO GOD!" The class has been great, we have grown in the Word and in our relationships with each other. We not only go to church together, but we "live life"together!

So, with all that to say....we have started a small group!! YAY!! It is being led by our preacher and it is on Monday nights in his home. Five couples are attending and we have this EXTENSIVE covenant that we have made with ourselves and each other. It is pretty tough stuff, but it excites me and that is what I need right now. We have committed to personal devotion, verse memorization, intercessory prayer for each other, fasting, and faithful church attendance. It is not going to be easy, I am not going to succeed at everything, and I am going to make some mistakes along the way. The GOOD NEWS is, I am going to grow and I am going to grow with my husband and my dear friends. It's exciting and it is what my marriage, my friendships and my life need right now!

As my friends and faithful readers, I ask you to pray for me, and feel free to ask me how I am doing with the new covenant that I have committed to for this season of my life.

I will leave you with the memory verse for this week that our group is memorizing....

Romans 8:15 For God has not given us a spirit again of fear, but we have received the spirit of adoption. And by him, we cry, "Abba Father".

By HIS grace ALONE,
Sara Whit

No comments: