Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Cookies and Easter Eggs

This BEAUTIFUL Easter weekend is turning into quite a busy one...we have just been being very flexible with our plans....so unlike me....but it's been great. Yesterday, while in Wal-Mart, ALONE, I pretty much ran into a station in the middle of the store full of cookie cutters and decorating things, so I thought that it would be a fun thing for Lilly and I to do that afternoon, together....SHE LOVED IT....


Lilly: "Mama, I cook'in

Lilly: "No, I doed it, Mama, I DOED it!"
FINALLY, she let me help her long enough to get the dough made and we were off...she loved this part....she watched me at first, and the second she thought that she could do it herself, it was all her...she did not want nor did she think that she needed my help!
Please notice the intensity...YES...she does have her tongue out, a trait that she inherited from my dad and her Aunt Kristy!

pursing those lips, making sure that it is "just right"

Then it was time to cut out our cookies, she thought that this was really neat. She found a few favorites and we stuck to those....the butterfly, flower and bunny....we did one egg and she wasn't really into that one so much!

Watching them cook...our conversation when we got them out of the oven, went something like this:

SWA: "Lilly, stand back, they are hot...we have to let them cool."

Lilly: "I see um, Mama, I see um.....I blow on them, I blow on them"

So, she stood in her chair and blew on them for a few minutes!

We took a break and came back later to ice them. I wasn't quite sure how this was going to go, but I don't know why I wondered, because PRISS POT thinks that she can do it all. I laughed and I laughed. She took the icing tube and I when I turned around from getting my camera, she had it in her mouth sucking that icing right on out of that tube!


SWA: "Lilly, no, that goes on the cookies! We can eat it when we are through!"

Lilly: "No, mama, yiyyee eat it, it's YUMMY!"
Our finished product!


Shannon, my Cookie Mama, don't worry, Lilly and I aren't going in the business. I KNOW that right now you are TOTALLY so worried that you are going to lose so many customers because of how great these cookies look! HAHAHAHAH!



Friday night Sidney and Parker came over to play and we dyed Easter Eggs. It was another wonderful experience. We are so thankful to have Sidney and Parker. They adore Lilly and Lilly them...she just leads "Pak-ah" around and he lets her.

It was fun telling her to put her eggs in the colors and watching her get it right. She is really doing well with her colors, now, and knows a good many! Her favorite is still PINK...runner up is BWUE, then YEYYOW

Lilly: "WHOA, it's PINK"

Sidney has a little sister, Mary Brooks, who is in the 7th grade. She had 3 friends over spending the night. The 4 of them had been to see Scream 4 and were home alone after the movie. They called Sid at my house and were terrified at home. Parker went to get them and they ALL gave Lilly a "tubby".....I went upstairs and this is what I saw. My child is ROTTEN!

How BLESSED our family is....God has given us so much and we are so undeserving of His unconditional love, grace and mercy....such memories that we have made this weekend as we remember the ULTIMATE sacrifice...


THANK YOU, JESUS!

Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the governor's headquarters, and they gathered the whole batallion before him. And they stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on his head and put a reed in his right hand........And they spit on him and took the reed and struck him on the head......they stripped him of the robe and put his own clothes on him and led him away to crucify him.

- Matthew 27:27-30




























No comments: