Friday, April 22, 2011

Palm Sunday 2011

Matthew 21: 9-11"Hosanna to the Son of David Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"And when he entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred up, saying, "Who is this?" And the crowds said, "This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee."


It is a tradition for the little ones of FUMC to carry palm branches, waving them, as the adult choir sings "Hosanna". It was a sweet moment, and I am blessed to be a part of a church where they allow our children to be a part of the "good news". Lilly is already learning so much and she is only 2, and I contribute that to her wonderful teachers. I am convinced that it takes a village of like-minded people to help raise my little one.


Lilly got upset right before walking out, so she CRIED all the way down the aisle...which is TOTALLY not like her, but she got better and joined her friends to sing!

"Behold, Behold! I stand at the door and knock, knock, knock! If anyone hears my voice, If anyone hears my voice; I will, open, open open the door, HE will come in!"


Lilly knows her songs and sings them all throughout the day!

The pre-school choir....precious!
Lilly and Hayden singing "ALIVE, ALIVE" . She had a cute pink bow in her hair and, as I said earlier, she had a rough time in the beginning...she ended up taking her bow out and it landed on the ground. Mrs. Jill tried to put it back in, really fast, right before they sang and she shouted out, "NO, I don wan it!" as she was pushing the bow away! Oh goodness...she was in a mood for sure and gave the crowd some entertainment!

We started our Easter Holiday off with a beautiful Maundy Thursday church service. It really prepared me for this weekend. I was able to stop, be still, and think about the actual events that took place each day..WOW..God KNEW it took unblemished blood to take away our sins and HE did it...unblemished and spotless was HE. So, as I clean and play with my little girl, and enjoy Brian being home today on this Good Friday, all I can do is stay in a mindset of thankfulness over what my Lord did for me!


John 19:30 "It is finished", and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.









No comments: