Thursday, June 29, 2017

Award's Day and End of Season Ball

It's had to believe that the end of year is here. 2nd grade is a wrap and we made it. Sometimes I wondered if we would, but Lilly worked so hard this year and I couldn't be more proud of her. She won the fastest girl award for her class with her buddy, Quincy, who was fastest boy. She doesn't get her speed from her mama or her daddy! She loves to run and she was fired up to get this award. 

 Another trait that she did not get from either of her parents is her artistic ability. She won 1st place in local, 1st place in District AND 1st place in State for this beautiful rooster picture. I can't wait to hang it in my kitchen. 
 How thankful I am that my parents were able to make it to Award's Day when both Brian and I were working and couldn't make it. I couldn't make it without them, Lilly loves them being there for her. 
 Thankful for friends that take pictures for me when I can't be there. Hayden and Lilly are sweet friends and Laura, Hayden's mom, is a jewel of a friend for always thinking about me! 
 Lilly and Anna Lauren do love each other so much! 
 These girls are done with MHS forever! How thankful we are that they have been a part of our year. We love you, Emma and Emily and pray that this world treats you well. 
 It's the end of the year party at Mini-Magnolia!! This little boy had a great time and he loved getting his face painted like a chief. 
 Walter and Cole....best buddies! 
 Walt and Eli....it was so much fun getting to know Eli this year. We sure are going to miss him next year! 
 Look who Walt man ran into at graduation practice! We love our Emily! 
 These 3 muskateers are having so much fun playing baseball together. What a fun first year of rec ball. It will be a year we will never forget! 
 Thanks Coach Daniel for coaching Walt's first baseball team. You were the best!! 
 Walt ABSOLUTELY LOVED having his Daddy wear his jersey and be on the field helping. He is my child that likes his parents being a major part of every thing he does! He wants us to teach him, coach him and heaven forbid we not come to something. He loves an audience! 
 Two of his biggest fans came to cheer him on at his last game and he was thrilled. They told him he was coming and he asked where they were about 10 times before they got there. Will and Grisham are so sweet to my Walt man. 
 Walt and his buddy Maddox played on opposing teams, but they loved it! 
 My little baseball loving dude had a great year! 

 Lilly had a great season playing for the Rockers and she was the cutest and best little catcher I have ever seen. Thanks to Coach McCain for all he does for these girls. 
 Lilly after getting her trophy going down the line giving high fives to the other team! 
 I don't think this smile could get any bigger. She just loves Coach Patterson. He coaches her so well at the catcher's position. He had to miss a couple of games this season and she came home telling me how she doesn't like it when he isn't there. This man has been in our life a long time...so glad he is getting to share his love and wisdom with my girl!! 
 Lilly and Caroline....doing what they do best. Leaving selfies on my phone! 
 Lilly had a great cheering section at her final game. Sissy and Clayton came to watch her and she was thrilled. 
 It was just an added bonus to get to play with our Graves family this year. We begged for Walt and Parker to get in the picture with the 3 ball players, but were being 4 and wouldn't do it. When I got ready to snap the pic, Parker BOMBED it!! That stinker! 
 Lilly and sweet Andi Kate...teammates, friends, cousins....you know. Family in Mississippi! 
 Thanks Mamie and Boo for our end of season Mexican celebration dinner!! 
 My sweet baby Thompson!! I have loved getting to love on this little guy! 
All of our love and blessings! 
The Atwood Family 

No comments: